Pages

Sunday 8 December 2013

Summer Side Salads

















Whoever said salads are boring clearly wasn't very creative! Tonight I whipped up these lovely little side salads in some recycled glass jars for my family, using just a few simple ingredients. It took me less than five minutes and they were pretty delicious alongside the maple & cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes I made.

Summer Side Salads
- Organic leafy greens (I used mesclun salad)
- Avocados
- Sprouts
- Edible flowers
- Lemon or lime

Just layer up the leafy greens, sprouts, avocado slices and flowers, then top with a squirt of lemon or lime juice to stop the avocado from browning. Such an easy summer side dish that looks gorgeous on the table. I'll certainly be serving this one up at Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment